If the search box is missing, please refresh your web browser by hitting F5. The database search might not work on all mobile apps or web browsers.
The Times obtained July 2019 food safety inspection information from the Louisiana Department of Health. The Top 14 addresses with the most critical violations are listed, along with an explanation of the finding. A searchable database with all the inspection data available for the month is at the top of this story.
All restaurants in the Top 14 had at least six critical violations. According to the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, uncorrected critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination or illness. Non-critical violations are not directly related to food borne illness but could become critical if uncorrected.
In total, there were about 2,031 violations in two parishes, and approximately 32% of those were critical. More than 1,092 were corrected on site, during the inspection.
Restaurant inspections reveal serious violations that pose risks of foodborne illnesses. (Photo: Kondor83, Getty Images/iStockphoto)
No violations were found at 50 of the 378 addresses inspected. About 169 addresses had no critical violations.
Check www.eatsafe.la.gov for the most recent inspection information available and information on how to file a complaint.
The following information is listed by address, then critical violations by permit. Some permit holders might have multiple locations, and some addresses are the site of multiple permits. Check the database for additional information on food safety inspections.
14. Cantina Laredo restaurant, 6535 Youree Drive, Suite 401, Shreveport (14 total violations, 6 critical)
13. Stonebridge Gold (2 permits: kitchen and bar), 301 Stonebridge Blvd., Bossier City (19 total violations, 6 critical)
12. Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites (2 permits: Restaurant 1 and Restaurant 2) 2015 Old Minden Road, Bossier City (20 total violations, 6 critical)
Sometimes it's easier to toss food after the expiration date, rather than risk food poisoning. But that often results in throwing out edible food. USA TODAY
11. Kroger SW533 (2 permits: grocery and deli), 9484 Ellerbe Road, Suite 100, Shreveport (23 total violations, 6 critical)
Corrected on site: Chlorine sanitizer concentration for warewashing was not between 50-100 p.p.m. at 75ºF.
9. Circle K #4202 (2 permits: site 421325 and grocery)5302 Airline Drive, Bossier City (23 total violations, 7 critical)
A warning after bleach products are sold online as a medical cure. Veuer’s Elitsa Bizios reports. Buzz60
7. Brookshire Food Store 24 (3 permits: deli, seafood market, meat market) 3000 N. Market, Suite 140, Shreveport (11 total violations, 8 critical)
6. Lin's Kitchen restaurant, 4100 Barksdale Blvd Ste 115, Bossier City (20 total violations, 8 critical)
This news might make you lose your appetite since a new survey revealed delivery drivers eat your food. Buzz60’s Sean Dowling has more. Buzz60
Aluminium Extrusion Profile
4. Margaritaville resort casino main kitchen, 777 Margaritaville Way, Bossier City (23 total violations, 11 critical)
3. Ralph & Kacoos (2 permits: restaurant and bar), 1700 Old Minden Road Suite 141, Bossier City (28 total violations,11 critical)
1. SALT (2 permits: restaurant and bar), 601 Clyde Fant Parkway, Shreveport (27 total violations, 14 critical)
Plastic Injection Molding, Wholesale Plastic Injection Molding - Hong Cheng Long,https://www.xmhclsl.com/